Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Why I am glad that I am a Republican

During this time of "Change We Can Believe In," it is tempting to start looking for that hope we think we lost and we are tempted to change our ideals to get in on the action of the hype radical change. We have questioned where we stand and have been interrogated for our beliefs.

Despite the temptations to jump to the other side, I will not waver. I am proud to be a Republican and will stand strong with the rest of the conservatives around me who are willing to take the high road to making America a strong and moral country.

I have compiled a list of why I am glad to be a Republican. They are not in any specific order, and I am sure there are more, but here is my initial attempt:

-I know our troops are fighting a fight for a cause.

-I believe that a baby is a human at conception. I cannot murder an innocent child.

-Marriage is between one man and one woman.

-As an American I have rights and should do everything I can to protect those rights.

These are my initial principles for why I am so glad to still be a Republican.

We cannot waver or be tempted to sway to the other side. It is important that we don't get involved in the current hype and that all of our problems will change overnight and with one man.

No comments: